Massage in Adelaide - Speedway Sitemap
Rowley Park Speedway .... 'The place where champions gathered'
Image Gallery
Images. click on picture to enlarge


Cradley Heath Speedway Badge

Cradley Heath Speedway Badge
« Previous Image

The Cradley Heath speedway team was formed in 1947 two years before Rowley Park and first raced at Dudley Wood Stadium on the 21'st of June 1947. After its closure at the end of the 1952 season the track reopened in 1959 for one unlicensed meeting and in 1960 the Cradley Heath Speedway team entered the newly formed Provincial League. The club then operated at a top level from 1965 until 1995 when the Stadium was sold. The new landlords who bought the stadium redeveloped it into housing. The team survived for one more year in 1996 competing at the Loomer Road Stadium in Stoke under the name Cradley and Stoke Heathens. The club was one of the most successful in the 1980s winning the British League in 1981 and 1983 and eight Knockout Cup competitions. Five Speedway World Championships were won by Cradley riders between 1981 and 1988.